Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day






Mary had a little Lamb, two dogs, three turkeys, six cats, 12 chickens, 20 goats, one Huber, three kids and 5 grandchildren that love her very much.

You are our...

encyclopedia, Medical Reference, Psychologist, Best Friend, Financial Expert, College Admissions Expert, Hospital Admissions Expert, Language Expert, and MVGM or Most Valuable Grand Mother to name a few.

I probably wouldn't be on this year long journey if you hadn't instilled the wander lust bug in me by hauling us all over the country when we were kids. I can see that you are doing that with your grandchildren now. You made a lot of sacrifices so that we could have adventures. You still sacrifice so that everyone is happy. We all have learned to be more inquisitive and to be kind to all of earth's creatures including the human ones because of your example. Many a stray critter has benefited from your kindness, including the human ones.

I sure hope you realize how much you are needed and loved by all that have crossed your path.

You are truly one of the most special people that have been placed on this planet and only a handful are lucky enough to know that.

To all the great adventures we have had and all that are yet to come thanks to the most wonderful mother Mary a.k.a. Moomy. I will be sure to have a Meyers and Coke in your honor at 5:00 p.m. your time when I get off the river.


Love, Your biggest critter James

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap James I was gonna write Mom a card, but after reading that, I aint got nothen, I mean it, Who can follow that act. So I will just bring her a gift and piggy back your litterary greatness here with I love you Moomy soo soo much. Dont worry James I will give her a great big hug for you, since hugging that moomy is the best thing in the world for what ever ails you.
Tuna

Anonymous said...

I am Margaret and I am one of the 5 grandchildren, It is true that I love her very much she isthe best gram that I could ever wish for. She does everything for me, and everyone that meets her should love her very much.
Happy Mothers day !!
Margaret

Anonymous said...

Okay James - dammit! One, you made me cry, once again. Two, I don't have anything that good for Mom this year. So, miles away, and you still outshine us. Sibling revenge will be had. I think, hmmmn - ALL kid parties at Uncle James' pool!

Sorry Kim, I realize that affects you too - price you pay for being married to him I guess!!

Bee says, "Yep, I know that feeling. When you don't have anything good for Mom." Now that's funny!

And guys, I was first, I love her most, she is MY best Moomie, AND I live right next door to her and am I thankful for it. It is not everyone who can say that their mom is their best friend and that they are always glad to see her - and there are no words to express how much I love MY mommy!!

Okay, got to go - Hubie needs quiet time!

Miss you guys.

Bebe

Anonymous said...

I loved the narrative about Lincoln. I would have liked to have been a servant in his household. The pictures are beautoful. What a trip you two have had. So many wonderful memories. James, you are not dumb, you are very smart. You always have a topic that you share your ideas about. You are a great husband to my daughter, what else is there? Your speech honoring your mother was very touching. I guess you were still in the Good Morning mood. ANyway, I went to church with Janet and family today. Dad is at the ballgame and will come later for dinner. Miss you.

Anonymous said...

I love this entry! James, your soft side has definitely moved from the inside to the outside. Good son, good husband…what more could you strive for? Hang on to that! Mary is also very good to the ex-in-laws! She has helped me in numerous ways that I could never repay, and I will always be grateful! My life as a single mom is easier because of her! I feel honored to have my comment included in all of the others who feel lucky to have her in their lives. Thanks Mary, and happy mother’s day!

Anonymous said...

I am overwhelmed by all of you and by my SBJ (aka Sweet Baby James)and his unexpected eloquence and kindness. I can't possibly live up to it all now. Love you all more than I can say.

MM