Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Southern Living







Hello faithful blog readers, and anyone who has accidentally stumbled across our adventures.


Speaking of adventure………..we had a very exciting week in my sister’s drive way in Savannah, maybe not exciting but it was fun. James worked very hard on his ’uncle of the year’ title. Shooting off rockets, giving piggy back rides, fixing broken bikes and overseeing intense War of the Monster games. I earned a whole new respect for stay at home mothers everywhere after spending a week with my sister. She starts the day at the crack of dawn to get Chloe & Sophie off to school then spends the rest of the day entertaining a very energetic 4 year old, who just when you are about to start laundry or do some dishes looks at you with her adorable smile and says ‘peas play with me just a little bit’ , then picking Chloe & Sophie up from the bus only to begin shuttling them to softball, tennis, brownies, piano, & church while still trying to entertain Maya and hoping everyone gets homework done. James and I were exhausted just watching the progression of events. We would lure them out to the RV & hop them up on candy just to see how close we could bring Juli to a break down. She is a seasoned veteran so we were unable to phase her.



We really did have a great time. It was fun to be there for Easter and James even went to church without much of a protest. We also got to see my cousin Robin again at Easter and she went to the movie with the girls and I one day. We spent one day in downtown Savannah going on a trolley tour, it was gorgeous because all the azaelas were blooming. We also went to a kid free dinner one night with Juli and my wonderful brother-in-law Chris. Chris and James get along very well, or at least we think they do. They pretty much just played NFL football so I am not sure if they actually had to have any conversations. We also packed everyone into the RV for a fun day at Ft. McAllister state park. It was a little chilly so we were glad we didn’t go all the way to the beach and our bar-b-que turned into a picnic in the RV. The girls were still thrilled because they got to ride in the RV while they were playing a video game, long gone are the days of the back of a station wagon and license plate games for entertainment.



James was so sweet and patient to just let me have some time with my sister and nieces. I told him it was an investment in our future since we don’t have any of our own kids. We may be dependent on our nieces or nephews to care for us in our old age. Hopefully they will remember that Uncle James made them the most popular kid on the bus for a day because of his rocket launching abilities, or that Aunt Kimby played pretend kittens with them for hours. It doesn’t matter, because they are all so sweet and so much fun. Juli is an awesome mom and it is always fun to spend time with her. I am glad that she doesn’t charge me for gum anymore. I take that as a sign our relationship has changed from more than little sister/big sister to friends. I miss them all so much already.



We left Savannah Monday morning and headed over to Charleston, SC. It is a beautiful city and we were able to find a nice campground about 30 minutes south of the city close to the beach. They say Charleston is a walking city and we feel as if we did it proud. We walked all over taking in all the neat architecture. It is very easy to imagine it during colonial or civil war times. I can’t imagine having to wear one of those big hoop skirts in the middle of the summer however, no wonder mint juleps were invented. Tonight we are at a different campground in South Carolina along the Savannah River. We have been greeted with traditional southern hospitality everywhere we have gone and have been trying to maintain a steady diet of sweet tea and sea food.



As an anonymous blogger mentioned Friday is James’ birthday. I welcome any creative ideas of birthday presents for him (PG rated please, kids do read this blog). It is very hard to purchase anything for him since he has all the money.
We hope everyone is surviving all the rain back in Arkansas and all are doing well along the West coast or wherever you may be.
Tracy- Juli & I talked extensively about Yosemite so let us know what we need to do.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Love, Kim

Pictures:
Maya at the IMAX
The Giorgianni family on Easter
James ‘Pied Piper’ Rocket man
My cousin Robin who will be going to Iraq in June
Chloe & Sophie on their bikes

10 comments:

Unknown said...

haha ha haahhaha! she used to charge you for gum. that is HIlarious! As for Yosemite - I sent Juli 2 very long-winded emails about 3 weeks ago and hadn't heard back - did she not get them??? I'll send them again.
xoxox, T.

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday James! May your 42nd year be just as good if not better than your 41st.

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMES!!!!

Much love,
Tracy, Forrest, Annabelle & Hamlet

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SWEET BABY JAMES



Yo Mama

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the birthday good wishes. Kim is playing with my birthday present, the Nintendo Wii, in the back of the R.V. whilst I check e-mails etc. I think Kim enjoys this video game too much.
Hopefully some good pictures are to ensue. Love everyone for the b-day wishes and happy belated to Donna. March 23? is that right? Hug my niece for me Donna.

James

I got a good word Tuna ...qnitfod.

Anonymous said...

OH, well here is the Happy birthday james page.Ok HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMES.A little late but I have a good excuse, really.
(see next post). Any way, I agree Kim Parenting multiple children has to be little short of heroic. I am just a 1/3 the time parent so I cant imagine 12 times that. I would probably curl up in a ball and say "mommy". OH, James your birthday, shouldt that include I dont know, say, a picture of a fish??

Anonymous said...

happy birthday james seems you two are having a great time great pics great weather here in nwa even with rain kattie says hi keep having fun TW

Anonymous said...

Yo,Chipper!S'up,Oaf! Where are you now? Anywhere with rollercoasters? I heard thats where you were headed next. I think that you had a lot a guts to go on this trip. By the way, your nieces are SOOOOOOO cute! The most adorable kids ever!L8ter G8ter!
From
Nobody.

Anonymous said...

Hi,Chipper and oaf!
I saw that rainbow Aunt Kimby told
me to see.By the way, its your niece, Sophie. I am realy excited that I am practically sending you an E-mail. Well, tAtA for nOw!
love,
sophie[The Sophster]

Anonymous said...

S'up, Aunt KiKi! S'up, my main uncle!Its the Chloster leving a comment. My team won a game today. I played second base. We had 0 to 8 runs in the 5th inning, but in the last inning, we got 15 runs! I MADE lots of outs, and I caught a few.
I got three RBI's, and scored a run. I miss you!
love chloe