Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Critter Page - Lizard Edition for Tuna






One day of lizard hunting Tom! Soooo... Maleh!
Top one is a yellow headed gecko.
Next one down is a adult Jesus Christ Lizard
Then juvenille Jesus.
Then we have a Black Ctenosaur followed by a big Black Ctenosaur. The big one hangs by the pool and he does NOT take any B.S. ie. tail grabbing. Tail grabbing gets a vigorous tail wiggling followed by whip around and mouth open. Then this guy just stood his ground. I will have to have leather gloves for this critter. Many green geckos and anoles around too, just kind of small and bland.
Jesus Christ is very fast and I had to settle for zoom for now, I hope to improve pics on this amazing lizard, but through the woods and vines will have to do for now.
Well, everyone is at the pool having fun, so I am going to join. Sitting up here on the veranda at Costa Verde has revealed, capuchin monkey, three toed sloth and many birds. Bill is wearing out his binoculars. Last night a black figure flew into a palm frond that brushes up against our vernada on the fourth floor. It shook the palm frond, but I couldn't see what it was, so I grabbed the 3 d-cell Maglite from my duffle bag and walked to the railing in the hopes of illuminating the creature. When I turned the flashlight on I saw two red eyes surrounded by black staring right at me It was almost enough to make me drop the light. It was the undaunted stare of a black and white owl. Very Cool! I have some cool monkey pics and very cool sloth pic that I will download tomorrow.
Talk to you then.
James

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! Keep them coming Jim!!That last one was way cool! he looks pretty big, I say CATCH HIM!!! But dont get bit, THAT would leave a mark. Now the Jesus lizard is cool. Maybe you could scare him across a small body of water, and video his namesake in action? That would be near impossible.Thanks for lizards Jim.