Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Great Hikes- Angel's Landing/Navajo Loop






James & I have been on some great hikes so far on this trip. We figured it up the other day and think we have crossed the 200 mile mark. Here are some pictures that James took of two great hikes we have been on recently. The first two pictures are from Navajo Loop in Bryce and the last three are from Angel's Landing in Zion.

I should have realized from the name that Angel's Landing would be pretty high but I didn't think you would need either wings or the faith of an Angel to get to the top. James kept telling people I was in a fear of heights detox program as they would walk by and here my string of shakas. Usually the extra hours are added to our hike because of James stopping to take pictures but this time it was to keep my from having another panic attack. What happened to that little girl who would climb up a tree to get a better perch on the top of the roof? I guess as you get older you realize how much it would actually hurt if you fell.

6 comments:

Jeff said...

I love "Wear T-Shirts That Remind Us Of Jeff Day!"

Beautiful pics as always.

Tigers went 8-2, Kim. They play LR Catholic tomorrow night in the 1st round of the playoffs!

If you have web access tomorrow night, you may be able to hear the game on KURM's website. I hear the play-by-play guy's voice is dreamy.

www.kurm.net

Kickoff is at 7:30 Central.

Miss you!

Anonymous said...

James you look like a teeny tiny man in the top picture…a bit Tom Thumbish. Kim, you should be scared. Just in case you didn’t look down, you’re really high up. Gives me pause to look at the picture.

Anonymous said...

More beautiful pictures! That Angel's Landing trail looks too scary!!! Can't wait to see you. I'm glad you are having fun, but we miss you sooooooo much.
Love,
Janet and the boys (Kent misses you too. It's tough being the only son-in-law/handyman around.)

Anonymous said...

Very cool... Makes me want to try and save money to take a year off and go wandering myself! However, burritos must be rolled!

Anonymous said...

Here I go. I will comment so James won't be calling me names. I have read every word of your wonderful adventure. I would like to have been with you at Victoria Island. It looked beautiful. Everywhere looks live a great comment of God's creation. I hope you two are getting along. Being in close quarters can have an effect on a realtionship. I'm so sorry that gas is so expensive. YOu might have to park the RV and just ride your bikes the rest of the way. Nannie Polly is improved. She is leaving the hospital and going back to North Hills today. Her room is little, but her friends are anxious for her return. Dad is busy with the Razorback Basketball I am trying to clean out the garage so I can park my car in it. So far no luck. The trees in your front yard were incrediabley beaautiful. Of course we miss you. I hope James learns a new descriptive word for himself before he gets home. I think it shoud be Fat Ambassador LOVE YOU MORE> Mom

Jeff said...

Hi!

Sorry to say the Tigers lost on Friday. Fayetteville was too tough and our star runningback broke a rib and punctured a lung in the 1st quarter. So no Championship this year.

In other news, the district is responding to overwhelming disgruntledness about the new Personal Day Policy. They have three new revisions proposed. Looks like it will be back to something friendly before you return, Kimby.

Love you!

-Jeff