Friday, November 2, 2007

Bryce Canyon






Rapid-fire blogging compared to what we have been doing. Three days...three blogs. We are camped on the rim of Bryce Canyon. It is about 8000 feet up here. The air is thin, dry, clear and cold. 22 degrees for a low last night and the old Lazy Daze was down to 38 degrees inside. I know what you are thinking, the better part of 100K and no heater? Yes, we have a heater, but it is so noisy when it cycles on and off that it wakes you up, so we just use three comforters and turn the heater on in the morning. Our campground is virtually empty, which is a radical change from all of the other campgrounds we have been in.

We took a 4 mile hike yesterday and an 8 mile hike today on the Fairyland Loop trail. It was much like a fairlyland with spires, castles, funky creature like rock formations and vegetation. Zion and Bryce are a photographers dream, at every turn there is some different shading or coloration and a combo of vistas and weird erosions. I have included some of my 500 pictures I have taken. I am still learning, but this trip has been a great school. It also helps to read the manual, which I finally did last night.

Kim is outside in the 40 degree temps reading. She wants to go to some more points of interest after we have done 10 miles of walking today and gone to the visitor center. She kinda pisses me off, but what's a man to do. She finally showed a small sign of James fatigue today on the trail, "do you always have to get right in front of me to fart?" "Oh, I'm sorry did I...?" "Well yeah, if the sound didn't make it obvious the smell sure did!" I guess I need to try and abstain every once in a while just to prove I still respect her, but I thought that was one of the fringe benefits of marriage.

I noticed that my loyal commenter yellowfin is slacking and that just hurts my feelings. Janet has slacked off too and she needs to be reminded that I have some pictures of her when she was trying to win a certain contest that I might be inclined to post in this pseudo-public forum.

Jeff Hagers can kiss my buttocks as he is surely criticizing my abhorrent grammar!

Love you Jeff, Kim is talking to you on the cell phone right now. Your baby is absolutely adorable!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

hi guys. okay, James laid the not leaving a comment guilt for the rest of us too.... and I should know better!!! It is great living this trip through your eyes - even nicer to have actually been able to SEE you both on this amazing journey! I'll be better at posting comments from now on. but right now I gotta keep annabelle out of the dog food bowl.

Unknown said...

oh - and when did it change from Crab to Oaf?

Anonymous said...

Ok,Jim.Your loyal blog reader/commenter isnt used to you actually posting more then every ten days.For months I loyally checked daily only to be saddened by NO NEW POSTS AND NO FISH PICTURES.So I am going back to daily checks!!!And YES one of marrige benifits is totally repulsing your wife with flatulence.The more your pissing her off with it,the more your fulfilling your marital obligation!Many a marrige has been saved and or solidified through this. LOve you guys!!OH and really awesome pictures

Jeff said...

I try to refrain from correcting the grammar of people who are taller than me and who I am certain can beat me to death without using a weapon.

And since you spelled 'grammar' correctly, I won't criticize your spelling either, you 'abomnibubble' oaf.

Anonymous said...

Here I am again. I have been a bit distracted with the joys of morning sickness which thoroughly sucks. k,,ggoohhgjjhghjgkkkfkkfkfkkkffkhhhbhbhghhhhhhghhhfhuuhdhfhhhhrhhfhhjdfjdfhndfhjdfhjdhndhcdhshdhjdhndbnhbfhvhbhbbbbbgbgbgguthnhyhg....so there! That's according to Zachary. Zion and Bryce Canyon look beautiful. We are looking forward to you being home soon. Want to trade spaces for a night? You can have a big comfy bed and as a bonus you may even have a little munchkin join you. Have fun in LA.
Love, Janet and mk kogt,o.ss.;p/.lpzsx..lp.lpsss.p.pz.p.pzslp.p.pz.;zalzapp.za.p.p-.pzz.p.pzpzacmkhhiuh a.k.a. Zachary

Anonymous said...

Hi James and Kim. This is Cathy Sanders. I just wanted you to know that I am writhing in jealousy. I am so happy for you being able to live a dream. Hope you will come see us when you get home.