Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Critter Page and Top 10 What We've Learned






Mountain Goats, Mountain Sheep, Bear from afar, Deer in Camp


Top 10 What We've Learned So Far

10. One Year Will Not Be Enough
9. The Flashy Red Lazy Daze Gets Lots of Comments (good purchase for ego)
8. Dial-up internet sucks when blogging
7. We really do get along even when couped up in a 200 square foot home
6. But, it is also fun to have visitors (just to make things even more cozy) Erik
5. Whoever labels New Mexico trails is in really good shape (easy isn't)
4. Mountain hike backpack should contain fleece, raincoat, lots of food, lots of water, camera, lots more water not just two bottles of water, camera and trailmix.
3. Coleman propane griddle is great investment.
2. Traveling with your own bathroom is awesome
1. Overhang or clearance height is a good thing to check (kayak meets Glacier Entrance was the latest lesson) Kayak and car = 7'1" not the 7' sign height.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful place! I am envious of everything except the blisters. Zachary loves the poop book. He said that bear would have "huge scat". See, he is smart. Have fun and stay in touch. Looks like Yosemite is a no go. I'm poor. Love you!
Janet

Anonymous said...

OK...I had to laugh out loud, which really echos in this old house, and kinda scared me so I wont do it again....The fish, the first fish pic, the sheer magnitude of it. I mean I know you have HUGE hands but, err, did you go to the fishie day care center for that one JIM ?..Awesome wildlife pics guys, And I am so glad things are going much betta.. love you twos guys.. Tuna

Anonymous said...

k. I have never blogged before so I hope this gets to you. What an amazing adventure and thanks for sharing it with those of us back in the grind. James, I have to say your a pretty good writer. I feel right there with you. However, since tomorrow is opening day in Razorback stadium and I have not noticed a single hog on that red wagon of yours I have to ask wtf? Be safe and keep us posted.

Jeff said...

How's Vancouver?

Anonymous said...

Ok.....Still no fish pictures...And er.. no nothing new,there are alot of readers out here jim. It is your duty to entertain us.There are alot of Viking customers who check in on you. You dont want all of us to think your a lousy fisherman do you? I dont care if you have to buy a fish at harps, take it to the river and have kim snap a picture ...Love yall