Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Idaho and What We've Learned



Good Day!


We are sitting in an internet cafe' in Waterton Lakes Park in Canada.

We are pretty much out of Cell Phone range for a couple of weeks unless you have an emergency, I am sure it will cost a bunch to call from up here eh?


We went through Idaho from Wyoming to visit my old friend Stasia. She is still working her butt off at Old Chicago Pizza in downtown Boise. We found Stasia at work and had a few drinks with her. Later her fri.. , bud.., lov.., er uh partner Sarah met up with us. Sarah is great fun and cool. We went to dinner at Bardenay, which is a distill pub. Instead of beer they make liquor. We had some of there house rum with dinner. It was very different, but I can't say I would take a bottle home. We spent the next day riding our bikes around Boise. Boise is a really neat town by the way. Where Stasia lives there is a coffe house, a bar, an ice-cream and candy shop called Goody's within half a block. Stasia calls out a howdy to half a dozen people every time we walked somewhere. We spent the next two days just eating and drinking and gaining back any weight we lost on our hikes. We had a very nice dinner with Glen and Callie who are good friends of Kim's family. They showed off their sweet accommodations as faculty in residence at one of the dorms on campus of Boise State, where the Blue football field is only 1oo yards away.


We have been away for a month now. I can say that I am sleeping much better without the stress of running an a/c business in the summertime in Arkansas. I haven't had problems with canker sores and I am thinking clearer. I have quit drinking diet beverages 'cause my buddy Mike made me promise I wouldn't after he saw a documentary about aspartame on the Independant Film Channel. This might contribute to my clearer thinking. It is good to meet new people and see new places, it makes you feel alive again.


Pictures of Stasia and Sarah and also Stewie, Stasias Beagle with enough spaniel in him to make him a freak about fetching and pointing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You go stasia Bear !!
hope you read this..LOve ya!!

Tuna