Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Leaving Arkansas


Well we finally made it out of Arkansas! Our goal was to leave before August and we left at 6:00 on July 31st. Several people stopped by to wish us well and my nieces and nephews even made signs. We realized how blessed we are to have so many good friends and family. Of course people could have just been so surprised that we were actually doing this, since we have been talking about it for years, that they had to see it with their own eyes.

It took us longer to get out of town than we had initially hoped. When we came back from Minnesota we had to wait awhile for the hitch but thanks to our new friend Glenda at Roadmaster we got the prototype for the 08' Mazada and she even found someone to put it on for us. James has mastered the 53 step process for hooking it up, but I am still struggling. You can definitely tell which of us is the mechanical master in the family. The good thing about waiting for the hitch was I got to spend some time with my sisters (my sister Juli was in town from Georgia with her girls) and James was able to finish all his work and do some fishing. We were definitely ready to get on the road so it made me not quite as teary as I would have been if we had left earlier.


No comments: