Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Trek to Cayo Casta






Kim and I took a nice little boat ride across Pine Island Sound to Cayo Casta Island. It was a beautiful cool day with lots of sunshine. We lounged on the beach for a couple of hours and then took off on a shell finding expedition. The beach is a beautiful white sand with lots of shells and some sections that are all rough shell particles. We walked a couple of miles and had pockets and hands full of cool shells, when the sudden urge for a bowel movement struck me. This never seems to fail, two miles from the camp and loaded down with shells. I should be having a lovely relaxing shelling session and now all I can think about is making it to the outhouse in time. I manage to duck-waddle down the beach with an ever-increasing pace the whole time doing the silent prayer of "please let the toilet be unoccupied". I side step up the flight of weathered wooden stairs and tug on the stall door, sure enough, OCCUPIED! Now I am in the five minute, seems like an eternity, fight for dignity preservation. Beads of sweat forming on the brow and a new prayer "let there be enough toilet paper." Then I hear prolonged paper reelage a few coughs and the toilet finally flushes, but no appearance of the occupant. Then a sink running, and a few more coughs and finally the door opens to reveal the only frat boy on the island. I hate frat boys! At least there was toilet paper, so the trip to Cayo Casta will end on a good note. We took the tractor ride back to the boat, boarded and headed for Pine Island only to turn back around and pick up a couple of young campers who had forgot about daylight savings. Who, but the same frat boy and his girlfriend. Twice inconvenienced!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is the BEST picture of Kim on the beach! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Yes great is the picture of Kim on the beach ..Not so much the mental pic of James franticaly trying to unload. I know Jim, instead of all these "imaginary" pictures, how a bout a REAL picture of..................A FISH !!!!
Love Tuna ( who is an imaginary fish)

Anonymous said...

Oh I have a fun game for all of your loyal readers..well maybe just an annoying challenge..Take a look at the STUPID barely legible word verification write the letters here (I have no idea why its called "word" verification, because its never a real word)any way mine is scuzbccl(I think its extra long this time).And then come up with an anacronym or however you spell that. for example mine would be "stupid cruel unnessisary zealous bunch of crappy clumsy letters" one of the rules would be that correct spelling is not needed.
Tuna

Anonymous said...

RV life and the beach sure has a terrific effect on Kim. I'm surprised some Pine Island lech didn't try to lure her away. Son, James, it seems you may have been inspired by the episodes of South Park that featured a contest involving the very substance, the urgent delivery of which you so vividly shared with all of us. How are people going to think I brung you up?

MM