Thursday, February 28, 2008

In Memory of Pauline Garner


I am sad to report that Kim's Nanny Pauline passed away. Kim flew from Florida to Arkansas on Sunday to be with her family for the memorial and burial.


Pauline was a woman that in no way had the easy life, but in every way had a good life. She was the most up-beat senior citizen I have ever met. Despite dealing with severe arthritis, the loss of her husband, a heart attack that left her with 15% of her heart function and other health issues, she had time to get her G.E.D. while in her eighties and volunteer at the hospital and just be a joy to be around. Pauline will always be an inspiration to me and I am quite sure that she passed down her chipper personality to my lovely wife, so I thank her sincerely for that.


Pauline didn't have to stop at the Gates of Heaven to check in, they saw her pre-approved express pass and waved her on through.


We will miss you always Pauline and will play Hand and Foot in your honor at every Christmas gathering!


Kim will definitely see you soon. If you could talk to St. Peter on my behalf I would appreciate it.


We Love You.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim,

I'm so sorry to hear of your grandmother's passing. I'm not sure if you are still in town or not but please let me know how you are doing. I'd love to see you but at the very least I want to talk with you on the phone. I know there is probably nothing I can say to make you feel better at this point but please know I'm here for you...always.

Love,
Claire

Unknown said...

thanks, James. and if you could send me that picture to my email I'd really appreciate it. its a good one!

xoox,
t.

Anonymous said...

James,
Your comments about Nannie are very sweet and appreciated. She always enjoyed being around you and wholeheartedly supported your adventure with Kim. Chris is boasting that he helped her win her last game of Hand and Foot by a large marin against my parents. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Juli

Anonymous said...

Thanks for honoring our wonderful grandmother. I only hope to be half as chipper as she was now, much less when I am 87. She will be sorely missed.
Love you guys!
Janet

Anonymous said...

To kims familly: I am sorry for your loss, I hope everyone is ok, I know you loved her dearly Kim. When next I see you I will give you a big brother inlaw hug.
Lots of love to you all
Tuna

Anonymous said...

Glade: An open space in a forest.

Everglade: Atract of marshland, usually under water and covered in places with tall grass; a swamp. Perhaps EVER ("Interminable") + glade (open space.
Fropm an ancient tome, The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language. I could have Googled, but I am an old cantankerouser luddite, I like the smell and the feel and the charm. You guys are having too much fun. Did you see any of Hemingway's six-toed cats? Have you seen Tuna's paddlefish?
Love from Dad and Joni