Sunday, July 1, 2007

It's here!!



Well the new baby has arrived! A huge thanks to Bill (James' stepfather) for making the trek back from California with James and the new toy. It was quite an adventure for them both to make it out there, but thankfully the ride home was uneventful.

We are now preparing to spend the next few nights in my parents driveway while James finishes up some work and I try to cram our 4 bedroom house into our 26 1/2 ft. RV. I have no idea how we aquired 48 glasses but I don't think we will be entertianing that many people on the road.

Floyd & Sienna are definitely aware something is askew. Floyd has never been thought of as being the smartest cat, but even he realizes all the furniture in the house being gone is a bit odd. He has also been even more vocal than usual, which doesn't seem possible I know. I have tried to warn Megan & Tiffany (the girls renting our house & watching Floyd) that some earplugs might be a good investment, but they insist they love cats. We'll see how they feel by Christmas.

Hopefully we will leave Friday to head up to Minnesota. I have already been eaten alive by mosqutoes here at home so I have no fear of the Boundary Waters!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the RV. Hope you guys have a wonderful time. Glad we can keep up with you through the blog. Sorry we didn't make it to Fayetteville before you left. We'll keep stopping by to check out your progress.

Jennifer and David

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim & James...I mean Chipper and Crab. I hope you are FINALLY off on your big adventure. Hope all is going well. Kim, I think today is your b-day. I have no proof of that, just my memory. If today (7/09) is your b-day, then Happy Birthday! If not, sorry for the scare.

Love,
Donna & Margaret Beth

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Kim!!!

Looking forward to reading all about your adventure! I miss you! Love, Claire

Anonymous said...

Hello James and Kim, Well, I don't know which one of you is Chipper, but from Donna's comment, I would guess it's Kim. So,that means that James, you have gone from a "Bean" to a Crab. Not sure if that is a good thing or not, but at least your new nick name has given you eyes and legs.

I'll be watching your travels, so I will expect some real cool adventure stories and pic's to go with them. Good luck be with you and have a fantastic time.

Love, Aunt Von

Anonymous said...

So how were the boundary waters? Are you back to civilization yet? I hope to hear from you soon! I look forward to hearing of your first adventure. Sienna is doing well and will come to our house tomorrow(Monday).

Janet, Kent, Max, and Zachary

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!! Hope your having a fabulous (deffinately a Kim word) time. I got a new computer..Yay me!
This purchase was hastened by Margaret Beths pleading so she could play with her pet on WEbkinz.
Ill be checking in regularly with you guys, so I expect to see some fish pictures at least twice a week.
Its hot and busy but all is well. I am soooo happy for you guys,dont forget to post pics of the tetons....LOve you..
Tuna...

Anonymous said...

Hello James and Kim, Looks like you are having a great time. Adventures, animals, people and beautiful places. I enjoy reading about them and the pic's are wonderful. I'm glad your route passes through my neighborhood. Be seeing you soon.

Love , Aunt Von